INGREDIENTS FOR GAJAR KI LAUNJI:
- Gajar (Carrots) – 2 cups
- Kalonji (Nigella seeds) – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lal Mirch Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Amchur – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
METHOD TO MAKE GAJAR KI LAUNJI:
- Take a pan and heat oil in it. Add both kalonji and saunf in it to splutter.
- Add chopped and slightly cooked carrot, turmeric powder, salt, lal mirch powder and coriander powder to it fry for 2 minutes.
- Add about 1/2 cup of water, cover the pan and let it simmer till carrot is cooked.
- Add amchur, garam masala and sugar to it and cook till sugar is nicely dissolved.
- Make sure the launji is not runny, so please do not add any more water than needed.
- It should be just that the sauce has coated the carrot pieces and not more than that.
- Serve it with either roti/paratha or poori.