COOK TIME : 10 min
SERVINGS : Around 15 dosas
INGREDIENTS FOR ONION RAVA DOSA:
- Rava/Sooji – 3/4 cup
- Rice flour – 3/4 cup
- Maida/All purpose flour – 3/4 cup
- Water – as needed
- Coriander leaves – little
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Salt – as needed
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 2 generous pinches
- Onions – a cup full
- Green chilly – 2 small
- Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – as required for cooking the dosa
METHOD FOR MAKING ONION RAVA DOSA:
- Mix rava, rice flour and maida in a bowl.
- Add required water and salt to make a thin watery batter. Use a whisk to prepare the batter without lumps.
- Add choped onions, green chillies, coriander leaves and curry leaves finely. Grate ginger and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add 2 tbsp oil and temper with cumin seeds, asafoetida, green chillies, black pepper, chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves.
- Allow the batter to rest for at least 30 minutes. It can be kept aside even for up to 2 hours.
- Heat a tawa, pour a ladle of the batter from outside to inside into a thin circle. It should not be spread like regular dosas.
- Drizzle oil and cook on both sides till crispy. It takes more time to cook so do not flip it in a hurry.
- Mix the batter well till the bottom for each dosa. Otherwise the rava stays in the bottom and the texture will not be achieved. Also if the batter becomes thick after sometime, add required water to achieve the consistency.
- Serve hot with any chutney or sambhar.